H. Bowers Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is H. Bowers Ltd of Normacot Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 1PU.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bowerspartsonline.co.uk ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or placing an order for the purchase of goods on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will never give, share or sell your information to third parties unless we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms & Conditions and any matter relating to this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to the use of this website will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This website is aimed at users in the United Kingdom. Users of this website who access it from places outside the United Kingdom do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with any local laws.